Tuesday, July 6, 2010

but I have promises to keep

Hello Bloggy! It is Tuesday after the fourth of july! This past weekend I went back to Btown with Troy and spent the weekend with him and his family. We really didn't do too much except that we went to the fourth of july parade which was so cute and also I saw eclipse (for the second time lol)
photo by mee!

I feel like I'm not an obsessed twilight girl, and I'll deny it to my grave but I secretly really like it. I mean okay, the writing is a little shoddy in the books and the movie has sort of bad acting in it but the story is something that obviously touches a lot of people. I mean heres a glorious vampire who is strong and beautiful and pretty perfect and he loves this ordinary awkward girl so much that he would die for her. (I hate to do it but its sort of like how we are undeserving of Gods love but he sent Jesus to die for us and constantly pursue us) And okay yeah its creepy how much edward loves her but really, I'm not the only one here who really likes the story. And yeah Harry Potter is better written and deeper and more intelligent but the Twilight books just hit you in your stomach and make you wish that you had that kind of love when you get out of the theater. Great, I read through that and I sound like a twihard, well fine, thats what I am but I refuse to be sensible and not enjoy that story. Art by *alicexz on Deviantart.com

Anyways moving on lol, I also got to play some frisbee on Sunday night which was really fun and I caught a bunch of throws and I completed some passes and I ran around like a crazy girl because I was so excited. (Here's a little insight about me: Kelly is to athletic as pigs are to flying). Brings you back to comparisons in english doesn't it? Anyway needless to say I was super excited. Art by: *AkuAoiOni on Deviantart.com

Since I got back to Austin I've been running around going to class and studying biology. Secretly deep down I like to study for biology, which is nerdy yes, but I sit there sometimes and I'm like, chemistry IS relevant! Because seriously without biology chemistry is totally and completely irrelevant to me. Photo by: ~joelent at Deviantart.com

Anyway I was thinking that I wish I could write something deep and poignant. I know most of my babble on bloggy is kind of simple but I actually do have thoughts running through my mind almost constantly, some of which are not just superficial. Sometimes I ask troy what he's thinking about and he's like, literally nothing. I'm generally pretty jealous of this answer because I don't usually get a break from my thoughts and when I do I get super excited and I'm like I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT NOTHING. Because it's actually pretty freeing. And then sometimes I start thinking about thinking which is called metacognition and it gets crazy in there! Haha I reread that and it sounds like Troy doesn't have thoughts going through his head ever. Photo by: *IceandSnow at deviantart.com

One of my biggest constant questions is why I am me, and why someone else is them. I am baffled at the thought that I can talk inside my head, and think things and wonder and create. Sure you can chalk it all up to cognition and specific firings of neurons, but I feel like it goes much deeper than that. Like here I am, laying in my bed at night tick tick ticking away and I look around me and I'm nobody else. Like who am I to be myself, you know? That's kind of presumptuous don't you think? And how I will never know what it's like to be anyone else but myself. It's probably rather selfish to ponder all this "me" stuff but whoa! Haha this probably doesn't make sense to anyone else because I can't really seem to get my words around this notion, but ohhh well bloggy I'm sure you don't really want to hear about it anyway! Perhaps Bloggy, I will one day surprise you with a philosophical post, won't that be exciting!

In order to further procrastination just a little bit: here is a poem I wrote!

clap clap
dust falls from his eyes
the spotlight forms a crater in the ground
and casts a hue that swallows up the sound
the stage is lit, the background set
the audience does hold their breath
his jaw is set, he takes a running start
i close my eyes, be still my beating heart
dust falls from my eyes
he flies
clap clap

Here's some icons I made recently, better if viewed large, most of them are from that morning I got up at sunrise, but the duck and the moon are not.





2 comments:

Christina said...

Wow Kelly! Your poem is beautiful. I especially like the end. I hope you'll tell me what it means. At first I kind of thought it was about a Peter Pan character but now I'm not sure. :) Anyway, you should write more poetry. And I don't think all your metacognition is weird at all! :D I truly wonder what it's like to think about nothing.

Kelly Ann said...

haha I'm leaving it open to interpretation! Peter Pan does make sense but that's not my interpretation of it, maybe other people will tell me what it means to them too!